Girls Ballet, Combos, Tap, Jazz, Poms, Cheer & Tumbling/Gymnastics
Girls must wear a leotard, biketard, leggings and/or tights. No street clothes of any kind are allowed. Including pants, knit shorts, t-shirts, sweatshirts or street shoes.
HAIR - Hair must be pulled back in a ponytail, bun or braid. If your hair touches your shoulders, hair must be put up.
BOYS - Boys can wear comfortable clothing, t-shirt and shorts. No jeans allowed.
SHOES - The shoe style and color listed for each style of dance is also what is required for the recital.
- 6 & Under Ballet-Pink leather full sole ballet shoes. (no foot undeez or jazz shoes)
- 6 & Under Tap-Black slip-on or buckle tap shoes.
- 4-6 Poms-Tan Slip-on jazz shoes
- 7-9 Ballet-Pink leather full sole ballet shoes
- 7-9 Tap-Tan slip-on tap shoes
- 7-9 Jazz-Tan slip-on jazz shoes
- 7-9 Poms-Tan slip-on jazz shoes
- 10-14 Ballet-Canvas Ballet shoes
- 10-14 Poms/Jazz-Tan slip-on jazz shoes
- Tumbling/Gymnastics-nothing should be worn on the feet, no socks.
FOR THE SAFETY OF EVERY STUDENT, FOURSIS ACADEMY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO HAVE A STUDENT SIT OUT OF HIS/HER CLASS IF THEY DO NOT MEET THE DRESS CODE GUIDELINES. (all required shoes, leotards and accessories can be purchased at Foursis)
Accelerated Dance Program Dress Code
- Students must be registered and attending classes by September 30th.
- Hair must be in a bun with any loose hair secured with clips or bobby pins. (no ponytails, messy buns or bangs in your face)
- Students must wear a leotard and tights. No shorts, leggings, tank tops or biketards.
- Proper shoes must be worn. Ballet-leather split/full-sole ballet shoes (no foot undeez or jazz shoes) Tap-Tan slip-on tap boot Pointe-Pointe shoes
- Any ADP dancer who chooses not to participate in ADP classes for a full Main Session, will not be allowed back into the ADP Program.
- Any student that chooses not to follow the ADP Rules and Policies will be asked to sit out of class.
Auto-pay/Fall Session: Tuition must be paid by automatic bank account, debit or automatic credit card payment. Tuition will be debited the first of every month. The month of September (or your first month) is non-refundable. A registration fee of $20.00 per dancer will be charged with September (or your first month) tuition, and is non-refundable. All charges will appear as being from Foursis Dance Academy, LLC.
Summer Session: Summer Dance, Gymnastics & Cheer Tuition will be debited the day you register and must be paid in full if you are enrolling in a dance class. All gymnastics classes will be debited one month's tuition upon registration. If you are a new student a $20.00. Registration fee will also be debited the day you register. Summer Tuition and fees are non-refundable.
Non-Sufficient Funds: I hereby authorize the studio to electronically debit my bank account for the amount of any NSF authorization and a $25 authorization fee. Withdrawal and Refunds: There is a 2 month minimum for all classes.
Withdrawal and Refunds: There is a 2 month minimum for all classes. To withdraw form any class a parent or guardian must inform the FDA in person and complete and sign a withdrawal from. This form can be complete at the front desk. If a member withdraws the 1st-15th of the month your tuition will not be charged for the following month. If a member withdraws on the 16th-31st of the month you will still be charged on the 1st of the following month. FDA reserves the right to terminate classes to any student without notice. In such case a refund for unused classes will be given. FDA reserves the right to have students sit out of class if fees are not paid and up to date.
Communication Policy: Newsletters are emailed out monthly. Printed copies are also available in the Information Center at the front entrance. It is your responsibility to check and make sure you have received any and all paperwork. It is the responsibility of the parent or to be aware of all dance academy activities, such as viewing days, recitals, extra classes, and dates the studio is open or closed. It is the responsibility of the parents or to inform the FDA of any address, telephone, billing or email address change.
Care of students: FDA is not responsible for providing care before or after any class. Students are not to be left at the studio for excessive time before or after class. Students should not arrive earlier than 10 minutes prior to their class and must be picked up promptly.
Canceling Classes: The Studio will be closed and have no classes when the Waterford Graded School District (JT1) or Waterford Union High School cancels afterschool activities due to inclement weather. If you are unsure as to whether there is class please call the studio for a pre-recorded message, sign up for text message alerts or check our Facebook page. No refunds will be given for classes missed due to inclement weather. If the studio must cancel classes due to extreme weather or events beyond our control such as power outages, the missed classes will not be made up. Cancelled Classes: Classes with less than four students may be cancelled, combined, or rescheduled at FDA's discretion.
Substitutes: FDA reserves the right to provide a substitute teacher if the regularly scheduled teacher is ill or otherwise unable to teach classes. If a teacher is ill and cannot arrange a substitute, the missed classes will be made up.
Photo Release: FDA is hereby granted permission to take photos of the students to use in brochures, studio web site, posters, advertisements, or other promotional material. Permission is also hereby granted for the studio to copyright such photos in our name.
Injuries: Parents/guardians of minor students and adult students waive the right to any legal action for any injury sustained on school property resulting from normal dance or gymnastics activity or any other activity conducted by the students before, during or after class time.
- Everyone must wait in the studio lobby until your class begins. Students will be called into your studio, lesson or gymnastics area by your instructor. No one is allowed in any of these areas unless an instructor is present.
- No food or drink allowed anywhere except the studio lobbies.
- No gum chewing is allowed in class.
- For the safety of every student, Foursis Academy reserves the right to have a student sit out of his/her class if they do not meet Dress Code Guidelines.
- Do not leave siblings/friends not involved in dance class at the studio to wait for siblings and/or friends that are in class.
- There is no parent watching except on designated parent watching days for dance classes only. These days will be given to you in our newsletter.
- Recital/Showcase costumes/leotards will not be handed out to any student unless their class fees are paid through May. Any stu-dent who chooses not to complete the Main Session will not receive a costume/leotard.
- If you choose to drop a class/lesson, no refunds are given. This includes costume/leotard charges.
- Any Foursis Academy apparel is custom made and once ordered may not be returned or refunded. All leotards and dance/gymnastics accessories may only by exchanged if unused with tags attached and in original packaging.